Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Burdened.


http://perroquet.canalblog.com/images/chaines.jpg

Wash this anguish away
Take away this burden I carry
The burden of anger
The burden of envy
The burden of jealousy
The burden of all the sins in me. 


Take away all my bad thoughts
All those curses I may have uttered
Those hurtful words I may have spoke
Take me away and cleanse me
Wash me and make me pure.


Teach me so I may be more like You
With a pure heart, mind, body and soul
Correct me so I may not hurt those around me

Guide me so I may make myself useful and edify others.


Time and again I try
But each time I stumble and fall
but You, Lord, of all people know me best
You know I'm trying
and so You wait patiently for me
to pick myself up and dust myself off
and try all over again.



Lord this is my prayer today
Take away my anguish, my pain and my guilt
Take my burdens away.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment