Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Sunday chance encounter

Today I met a little boy
as I was heading back to home
He had with him an oversized toy
but apart from that he was alone.

His eyes had a sad sparkle
his speech chatty yet reserved
The sky was clear and didn't yield a trickle
it was a wonderful day to be on a bicycle.

He pointed out it's faults and flaws
The rusty chains and the peeling paints
the clunking sound he couldn't take anymore
It looked like it had been through a war!

He struggled to ride a bike too large for him
picture a boy, maybe no more than ten
Legs hardly extending beyond the rim
but he persisted, it was going to make him a man.

He told me of a new bike he was to get soon
Shame his mother was dead, he told me too.
His aunt lived, just around the corner
and it was she, who brought him up, he loved her.

As we parted ways
He said to me, "you have a good day!"
I smiled to myself as I entered my place
ah, the wonders of the Lord and his grace!

Today I met a little boy
Whose demeanour intrigued me
expressions puzzled me
and whose courage astounded me.

Thank you Lord, for these little blessings <3

No comments:

Post a Comment