Saturday, February 6, 2010

Manchester Day 2: Had a little Paiseh for dinner

Firstly, zomg I can't believe I'm still on Day 2 =.=

Anyway, after a very informative afternoon
we wandered around looking for some place to eat.
And boy, did we wander.
We wandered all the way from Liverpool St
to Deansgate,
back to St Peter's Square,
back to Deansgate...
while Gel was complaining of holding her bladder :p
... and then we decided to have Korean food.


Based on GPS and Google,
we found that there was a Korean restaurant
on King Street
and so we headed on there
(all the while Gel was holding in her pee)
on the way passing a restaurant,
that had a big SEAFOOD ad at its entrance
(and of course, seafood-crazy Gel stopped to
browse at their menu).

We arrived at the Korean restaurant only to find
that it only opened later in the evening at 6:30pm!
At this point, Gel declared her bladder bursting
and so we decided to settle for the restaurant
that we passed by earlier.

Presenting, San Carlo's Manchester...
The moment the 6 of us strutted in,
we knew we had made a huge mistake.

All the men were in SMART WEAR,
and the women were in DINNER DRESSES.
Us? 
In jeans and tees.
DAMNNN.

The host asked for the name we used for reservation
Ji Hang sheepishly replied that we didn't have one
(and I was so prepared at this point to be turned away)
but lo and behold!
The staff went off to look for a table for us!

As we were shown to our table,
I glanced around the place
and was ABSOLUTELY SURE
every pair of eyes were staring at us.

like wth are these kids doing here?!
so paiseh.

As I was thinking
"Oh shoot, don't tell me we misunderstood the prices on the menu
was it... £8.49 hundred for a pizza?"
we sat down and got ourselves comfortable...

as I lifted up the menu,
Ji Hang (who was already looking at the menu)
nearly gave me a heart attack when he exclaimed
"oh dear, what have we got ourselves into?"

Panic. Panic. PANIC.

I was like, "what...?"
while my mind was screaming
"OH DAMN don't tell me the prices are through the roof!"

Turns out the prices were as the menu outside...
and Hang was exclaiming at the Wine List =.=
(which were about £50 a bottle.)

Damn, Hang, I nearly fainted lah!

Feeling much more relieved,
we intently studied the menu :)

See, I wasn't joking about the "intently".

After the captain took our orders
I glanced around the restaurant
enjoying the atmosphere...
It was a very nice place,
and everyone was happy :)
Then... appetizers were served
Yeah babeh!

This was 
The Great San Carlo Antipasti 
(£8.95 per head but this was only for 3 pax)
The lighting wasn't fantastic for photos, but... I tried.
Doesn't do the dish any justice though. 
Looked much better in reality! :)
See lah, the forks all attacking already =.=

Then the mains came...
Abel's Spaghetti Gamberoni (£11.50)
According to Abel, it's only a bit fancier than the usual.
but then again, don't take his word for it.
Abel has the weirdest tastebuds :p
My Ravioli Salmone (£9.95)
It was super stuffed with salmon
in a sauce that was an explosion of flavours...
AWESOME.
Gel's Pizza Pollo Parmi (£9.20)
This was super tasty as well...
The pizza base was fluffy and light,
crispy on the crusts from the stonebaking...
and it was so sinfully cheesy.
Mmmmmmm......
Gok Hau's Lasagne Emiliane (£8.50)
No feedback on how it tasted, so no idea.
Then, Ji Hang's Fillet Steak (£17.95)
I didn't try this either, but Hang says its good :)
Lastly, Philip's Saltimbocca Roman (£14.95)
I *think* it was veal,
and he seemed to enjoy it a lot,
so I take it that it was good :)

Although we were absolutely stuffed,
we decided to seal the meal with some shared desserts,
so we ordered a Tiramisu (£5.25) and a Crème brûlée (£5.25)
 
 
Both of which looked so good,
we gobbled half of it up
before I had the chance to take photos, lol :)

The bill came up to a whopping £114.20
but everyone paid for their respective portions
and considering I only paid £15,
I'd say that was a pretty good meal! :)

I would SO DEFINITELY go there again,
or visit their other branches! :)

Ahhhhh, this is the life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment